The process of recovery from schizophrenia detailed. Getting off of the prescription pills.
about my blog
I have suspected since the 1980's that medications for psychiatric illnesses were harmful. In 1996, at the age of 30, I was diagnosed schizophrenic and prescribed to take those medications involuntarily. I learned that there are others who consider neuroleptics dangerous and even unnecessary.
I have tried to go off the medications in the past. I will recount these "learning experiences" in future posts. Now, armed with new knowledge and information, I am ready and prepared to leave the medications (and the diagnosis) behind.
I plan each week to detail the progress of the week previous.
I am writing this blog to help me explain what I go through while decreasing the medications gradually and, finally, leaving them behind. The blog is also intended to help others who have suffered as I have. ___________________________________________
I decreased to 5 (five) milligrams Aripiprazole a day. I was fine (each day) for quite awhile (as recounted below...)
I had to return to the United States. I was put on more medicine.
Now, I have increased to 20 (twenty) milligrams Aripiprazole in the morning.
Thanks to those who responded to my writings. ___________________________________________
I am, at this point, facing the same dilemma...how to gradually reduce the medicine.
I decided not to return to this blog until December. I am transitioning right now. I am writing each day, studying a new language, and have other aspects of my life to focus upon...I also want to reflect on my previous writings...Thank you for paying attention.
No comments:
Post a Comment