Sunday, July 6, 2008

this week's progress

I have been doing affirmations from Louise Hay's book Heal Your Body. You could find it online, but no more... I found all of the ailments that apply to me and read them 2-3 times a day. There are affirmations for anxiety, depression, insanity, and nervous breakdown, along with all sorts of other things. Someone told me this week that the affirmations are supposed to be 100% more effective if read out loud, but I've yet to try that. I also have been meditating. I began at 5 minutes, morning and late afternoon, and have added 3 minutes each week, so that last week I meditated for 11 minutes at a time. I read the affirmations after meditating, then sometimes once more at noon.

  • medication: continued taking 10 mg Abilify mornings, daily
  • sleep: averaged 11 hours a night, with one night at 9 hours; most dreams confusing, had 2 nightmares.
  • exercise: began running last week but my ankle hurt too much on the second day, so I am going to be staying off of it for awhile, probably a week. Weight lifting 3 days a week, 2 dumbbells 11 lbs ea.
  • diet: ate 4 meals a day, except Sunday
  • weight: 160 lbs.
  • mood: generally okay, one day anxious, one day depressed

No comments:

Post a Comment