Sunday, March 14, 2010

stopping smoking

My husband and I are considering stopping smoking. We have plans to stop smoking either this summer or this autumn.

I have been reading about how to stop smoking. He has been preparing us by switching us to lighter, "slim" cigarettes. I no longer want to smoke the "fatter" regular cigarettes. I tried them again and did not like them.

I thought that I would have to wait two years to stop smoking, but my husband is very eager for me to stop. So, I am considering. We will be bicycling this Spring for exercise and pleasure. Bicycling will help us to prepare.

I read that dressing in the morning before smoking is a step to stopping. I will attempt that next.

I know that when someone stops smoking one can still be attracted to smoking, as an action of the hands or mouth, as a taste or flavor, as a distraction from thought. Important to be aware of these other attractions, which make those who stop cold turkey unable to be completely free of cigarettes and smoking. We will attempt to be conscious of these desires for smoking while we stop and after we stop.
  • medication: 10 mg Aripiprazole a.m., 10 mg Aripiprazole before sleep
  • sleep: average 10.6 hrs
  • exercise: walked two days, with situps, pushups, stair running
  • diet: made certain to eat breakfast every day
  • weight: 154 lbs.
  • mood: ok all mornings upon rising

No comments:

Post a Comment