Sunday, May 2, 2010

Blog Against Disablism

I really screwed up on Blog Against Disablism Day (BADD).

Scope defines disablism as "discriminatory, oppressive or abusive behaviour arising from the belief that disabled people are inferior to others".

I believe that my original post on BADD could be considered an example of disablism. I am concerned about that, but originally misread the Day and thought it to be Blog About Disabilities.

So, I apologise if it indicates disablism. Part of what I wrote is indicative of my experience of disablism. Being on disability, in my family of origin, was insisted upon, then angered them.


This past week:
  • medication: 5 mg Aripiprazole a.m., 10 mg Aripiprazole before sleep
  • sleep: average 10 hrs
  • exercise: walked four days, situps and pushups, stair running, days bicycling
  • diet: made certain to eat breakfast every day, attempting to reach 35% fat, 15% protein, 50% carbs, counting calories at www.caloriecount.com,
  • weight: 160 lbs.
  • mood: ok all mornings upon rising

No comments:

Post a Comment